Saturday 8 September 2012

TA Interview

To gain a better idea of what our chosen target audience would like to see in our music video we conducted an interview with a member of the demographic white men aged 17 and over. Here are the results we received


1. Are you a fan of our chosen genre Rock?
Yes, I am my favourite band is from the genre, Cold-play

2. Are you a fan of our chosen artist (Bryan Adams)?
 Yes but only because of one song, "Summer of 69". 



3. What is your favourite type of music video, performance or narrative?
I like a cross between the two because I like seeing the acting on screen but also the sense of a live performance you can get from a video.


4. What do you like to see in a rock music video?

I like the video to be eye catching, with bright colours and being able to keep my attention, without it being repetitive. I also like when thier are performance scenes to see the whole band not just the front men.

5. What don't you like to see in a rock music video?
When what you see in the video doesn't fit the lyrics of the song, if part of the story isn't relavent to the lyric it shouldn't be in the video because it really doesn't look good. Also I dont like it when in the narrative based scenes the editing is so fast you struggle to follow what's going on.

6. Finally what other media do you consume?
TV, radio, internet,films. My favorite is the internet. 


This information will help us when planning what we will and will not include in our music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment